[Asterisk-Users] Is this ok for SIP extensions to be registered not on 5060 ports

Luki Goldschmidt lugosoft at gmail.com
Mon Jan 9 20:52:52 MST 2006

> My sip.conf assigns port 5060 to all my extensions
Don't need to specify a port for your peers.

> Is this ok, or should I do something to bring them on 5060.
The remote end can use ports other than 5060, that's perfectly fine.
The port values you are seeing are due to NAT rewriting them, which
shouldn't be a problem. In fact, you can also change the port on the
device itself (for example, Sipura 2002 uses 5060 for line 1 and 5061
for line 2 by default).