[Asterisk-Users] spandsp, rxfax, TDM400/zaptel, missed frames, any help?

Mon Jan 9 20:16:04 MST 2006

On Mon, 2006-01-09 at 11:40 -0600, Rich Adamson wrote:
> > It would be very interesting to know the real numbers that have it working.
> > The archives (and about two/three years of attempting to help others with
> > the exact same problem) suggests no better then maybe one in ten or twenty
> > will ever get spandsp to work with the digium x100p or TDM card.
> >
> > Maybe the trick is for you to identify 'exactly' which winmodem card
> > does work; others would be very happy to give it a try without a doubt!
>
> > I bought a really cheap clone off ebay and it worked first time every
> > time (so far).  Even on longer many page faxes.
>
> > Getting one with an md3200 chipset (which is not what I have) and will
> > try it on that and see and report back)..  this isnt a critical system
> > especially for faxing, so it would be interesting for me to see if this
> > problem you are talking about has any problems with either card.  I can
> > try to get the exact chip I have when I open it up to install the new
> > card when it gets here)
>
> It would _very_ interesting to see the data, so please do post it to the
> list.
>
> There are a fair number of people interested in selling small pbx's with
> fax/modem/pos support that actually works reliably.
>
> Have you tried the TDM card yet?

I think at the end of the day all of this has more to do with the
motherboard and the software rather than the TDM card. I have it working
fine with a TE410p + TDM31B cards... ie, EFTPOS connects to FXS on TDM
which connects to the TE410p card onto the PSTN... While this may not be
a 'small office' scenario, it shows that at least the TDM card is
working perfectly in that system.

I also use spandsp with a TE410p card in a different system, which seems
to work perfectly as well.

I'd strongly suggest that people having problems, and who are interested
in marketing this as a solution, do some testing with different
motherboards/systems/etc and find a combination that works. Once you
have that, simply replicate as needed.

Regards,
Adam