[Asterisk-Users] ZAP - configure not to answer?

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Mon Jan 9 15:57:02 MST 2006

> This may be obvious but I have not found the answer in the archives or web searching.
 I am in the process of transitioning to
> Asterisk.  While I have two systems connected to the same PSTN line, I want to
configure Asterisk to not answer an incoming
> call.  Is this a setting that you would have in the zapata.conf file?

Give the zapata.conf entry a non-existant context (and ensure it does not
fail over to some default context).

The "answer" occur because of entries in the extensions.conf context, not
because of what is specified in zapata.conf. So, if nothing exists in the
extensions.conf to answer incoming calls, it won't answer.

Or, create a context that matches an entry in extensions.conf, but in
the dialplan entries, have something like:
[inbound-home]
 exten => s,1,NoOp,${CALLERID}
 exten => s,2,Dial(${PHONE3}&${PHONE4})
which will cause two sip phones to ring forever (or until the pstn line
is answered by an analog phone, or until the caller hangs up).