[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk featdmf signalling.

Dave Weis djweis at sjdjweis.com
Mon Jan 9 13:20:50 MST 2006

On Mon, 9 Jan 2006, Michael Baird wrote:
> I've recently started PIC'ing some calls into a asterisk box across a
> feature group D trunk from Verizon. Everything seems to work ok, except
> for some reason Asterisk doesn't grab the full caller ID from Verizon. I
> can see that they do send it, but Asterisk drops the first 2 numbers.
> Looking at the debug log I see. I see that Verizon is sending the digits
> and the asterisk debug seems to understand it fine. But within Asterisk
> it appears to truncate the first two digits of the callerid. The
> called-from appears in both the .csv log and my mysql cdr log as
> 72652437 and it sends this number out as the callerid as well. I'm at a
> loss as to why it misses the first 2 digits, any suggestions would be
> appreciated.

There are two kinds of FGD protocols on Asterisk, I got stuck with this
when it only supported the one that my IXC didn't support. Read through
chan_zap to see to see the format of each one.

dave

--
Dave Weis             "I believe there are more instances of the abridgment
djweis at sjdjweis.com   of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent