[Asterisk-Users] spandsp, rxfax, TDM400/zaptel, missed frames, any help?

Lee Howard faxguy at howardsilvan.com
Mon Jan 9 10:34:37 MST 2006

Rich Adamson wrote:

>>>I'm certainly not the expert on this topic, but I believe the issue has
>>>to do with the pci bus and probably relates to the TigerJet chip used on
>>>the card. Until that's addressed, any analog modem use through the card
>>>will be marginal at best. (Same issue as with the older x100p card.)
>>>

>>I can send and receive faxes just fine with my X100P (well, actually it
>>was just a winmodem that was identical to the X100P).  And I fax with
>>ECM, so I notice every little glitch in the data stream.
>>
>>So I strongly doubt that your speculation is correct.
>>

>It would be very interesting to know the real numbers that have it working.
>The archives (and about two/three years of attempting to help others with
>the exact same problem) suggests no better then maybe one in ten or twenty
>will ever get spandsp to work with the digium x100p or TDM card.

I use IAXmodem... which uses spandsp, but it's not txfax/rxfax.

>Maybe the trick is for you to identify 'exactly' which winmodem card
>does work; others would be very happy to give it a try without a doubt!

The silkscreened manufacturer model number is AMI-IA92/IE92.  I actually
bought two of these things over the course of time, and at one time they
were sold by many various vendors.  They were more popular in the
2001-2004 time-frame... so finding one of these nowadays may be rather
difficult.  Many vendors replaced the AMI-IA92/IE92 with another product
without updating their databases, so it is possible to purchase the
wrong thing very easily here.  The chipset on the right card clearly
indicates that it is an Ambient MD3200.

If you have an Ambient MD3200 chipsetted modem and Zaptel does not pick
it up, then it's most likely the case that the vendor's PCI ID is just
not stored in the Zaptel driver.  This only requires a very simple
modification to the source code to fix.

Lee.