[Asterisk-Users] ATA failover between datacenters

Joash Herbrink Joash.Herbrink at Kahuna.nl
Mon Jan 9 09:44:19 MST 2006

I think cisco ATA can handle 2 proxies,

This option is called altproxy in the web based management

joash
-----Original Message-----
From: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of David
Thomas
Sent: Monday, January 09, 2006 5:32 PM
To: asterisk-users at lists.digium.com
Subject: [Asterisk-Users] ATA failover between datacenters

Hi Everyone,

Does anyone know of any ATAs that can do proxy failover without using
SRV. I don't want to rely on dns if at all possible.

Basically, I have Asterisk boxes in two different data centers and I
need ATAs to be able to uses the server at DC2 if DC1 goes down. The
servers are already in a HA setup at each datacenter. I am looking for
added protection if one of the datacenters becomes unreachable.

The perfect solution I believe, would be an ATA that would failover to
an alternate proxy if the first was unavailable, then failover to POTS
if no proxies were available.

Regards,
David