[Asterisk-Users] ATA failover between datacenters

David Thomas punknow at gmail.com
Mon Jan 9 09:32:28 MST 2006

Hi Everyone,

Does anyone know of any ATAs that can do proxy failover without using
SRV. I don't want to rely on dns if at all possible.

Basically, I have Asterisk boxes in two different data centers and I
need ATAs to be able to uses the server at DC2 if DC1 goes down. The
servers are already in a HA setup at each datacenter. I am looking for
added protection if one of the datacenters becomes unreachable.

The perfect solution I believe, would be an ATA that would failover to
an alternate proxy if the first was unavailable, then failover to POTS
if no proxies were available.

Regards,
David