[Asterisk-Users] Re: using a Gigaset SX440isdn on a Diva 4BRI ?

Armin Schindler armin at melware.de
Mon Jan 9 07:50:55 MST 2006

On Mon, 9 Jan 2006, Louis-David Mitterrand wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 30, 2005 at 10:23:26PM +0100, Armin Schindler wrote:
> > On Fri, 30 Dec 2005, Louis-David Mitterrand wrote:
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > I just received a couple SX440isdn phones and was wondering if they can
> > > be plugged into a Diva 4BRI port in NT mode and work with
> > > asterisk+chan_capi?
> >
> > Yes, I don't know any reason why it shouldn't work.
> >
> > > I know they probably work fine with mutliHFC cards with either bristuff
> > > of chan_misdn but since I have some spare Divas, I was curious about
> > > their potential as phone ports.
> > >
> > > The Diva's 3 and 4 ports are already set to NT mode at boot time:
> > >
> > > 	/sbin/divactrl load -SeparateConfig -c 1 -f ETSI -f1 ETSI -f2 ETSI -u2 -x2 -f3 ETSI -u3 -x3
> >
> > looks good.
> >
> > > And I think the capi.conf (using Armin's 0.6.1 version) looks OK:
> > >
> > > 	[DIVA2]
> > > 	ntmode=yes
> > > 	isdnmode=ptp
> > > 	incomingmsn=*
> > > 	controller=4
> > > 	group=3
> > > 	accountcode=diva
> > > 	context=international
> > > 	echosquelch=0
> > > 	echocancel=no
> > > 	devices=1
> >
> > isdnmode=ptp is wrong for chan_capi 0.6, use isdnmode=did
> >
> > > But when I plug the phone into port 3 or 4 no led lights up, even with a
> > > Y plug and when dialing I get a busy.
> > >
> > > Before digging to deep, I am looking for some info on the feasability of
> > > that setup.
> >
> > What type of cable did you use? You need to use a crossed cable with 100 Ohm
> > termination.
>
> Hello Armin,
>
> I am now using a cross cable and the green led lights up on the Diva
> port when plugging the phone in.
>
> When dialing from the phone I get no debug or trace at the asterisk
> console, only a "not possible" message on the phone display and busy
> tone. Is there some configuration to do on the phone itself?

No, the phone does not need special settings. Does the phone have own power
supply? If not, then it will not work, because devices on the NT-mode card
must provide own power.

> When dialing from asterisk I get this:
>
> 	CAPI Debugging Enabled
> 		-- Executing NoOp("SIP/0146472130-f4c2", "") in new stack
> 		-- Executing Queue("SIP/0146472130-f4c2", "accueil|rnt|||5") in new stack
> 		   > data = DIVA2/2
> 		   > parsed dialstring: 'DIVA2' 'NULL' '2' ''
> 		   > capi request for interface 'DIVA2'
> 		   > parsed dialstring: 'DIVA2' 'NULL' '2' ''
> 	  == DIVA2: Call CAPI/DIVA2/2-5   (pres=0x00, ton=0x00)
> 	CONNECT_REQ ID=002 #0x0008 LEN=0054
> 	  Controller/PLCI/NCCI            = 0x4
> 	  CIPValue                        = 0x1
> 	  CalledPartyNumber               = <80>2
> 	  CallingPartyNumber              = <00 80>0146472130
> 	  CalledPartySubaddress           = default
> 	  CallingPartySubaddress          = default
> 	  BProtocol
> 	   B1protocol                     = 0x1
> 	   B2protocol                     = 0x1
> 	   B3protocol                     = 0x0
> 	   B1configuration                = default
> 	   B2configuration                = default
> 	   B3configuration                = default
> 	   GlobalConfiguration            = default
> 	  BC                              = default
> 	  LLC                             = default
> 	  HLC                             = default
> 	  AdditionalInfo
> 	   BChannelinformation            = <00 00>
> 	   Keypadfacility                 = default
> 	   Useruserdata                   = default
> 	   Facilitydataarray              = default
> 	   SendingComplete                = default
>
> 		-- Called CAPI/DIVA2/2
> 		-- Called SIP/0146472152
> 		-- Called SIP/0146472131
> 	CONNECT_CONF ID=002 #0x0008 LEN=0014
> 	  Controller/PLCI/NCCI            = 0x304
> 	  Info                            = 0x0
>
> 		-- DIVA2: received CONNECT_CONF PLCI = 0x304
> 		   > CAPI devicestate requested for DIVA2/2
> 		   > CAPI devicestate requested for DIVA2/2
> 		-- SIP/0146472152-487d is ringing
> 		-- Incoming call: Got SIP response 500 "Internal Server Error" back from 10.0.3.138
> 		-- SIP/0146472131-56e8 is ringing
> 	DISCONNECT_IND ID=002 #0x001f LEN=0014
> 	  Controller/PLCI/NCCI            = 0x304
> 	  Reason                          = 0x3302
>
> 	DISCONNECT_RESP ID=002 #0x001f LEN=0012
> 	  Controller/PLCI/NCCI            = 0x304
>
> 		   > CAPI INFO 0x3302: Protocol error layer 2

The line/protocol still seem to be set up wrong.
Can you provide a mlog for in/out calls?

> I'm not quite sure I got the syntax right for isdn phones in NT mode.

The syntax for dial() is the same like for TE-mode.

> By the way, when two phones are plugged in a Diva port with a Y-plug how
> does one dial each phone separately?

I never tested PtMP with NT-mode and I don't know if this will work.

> Do they have an "address"?

They have phone numbers!

Armin