[Asterisk-Users] Wake-Up Call

trixter aka Bret McDanel trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Mon Jan 9 04:35:25 MST 2006

On Mon, 2006-01-09 at 12:07 +0100, Tomislav Parcina wrote:
> I have setup wake up call in * following those instructions
> http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+tips+Wake-Up+Call+PHP
> and it works fine. Now I have few questions.
>
> - When I "arrange" wake up call, does it call me only that day or I can
> set it up for whoole week?
> - Can I set it up for some other extension or only for one I'm calling?
> - Can this AM, PM be in 24h format?
>
> That is all (for now :)).

That particular script appears to only schedule for the next 24 hours.
It could do more but it doesnt.  I was going to write a php one that
doesnt work quite this way.  Instead I was going to take advantage of
features of the queue app so you dont need a seperate cron job, namely
setting the time of the queue file to the time you want the wake up
call.  I was also going to add in features to record a custom message,
and other such goodies.  They arent complex features, but I think would
make it nicer.

But this is low priority for me right now.  Between the Sac AUG and ETEL
speaking engagements this month along with regular work I am unsure that
I will have time until feburary.

I hadnt thought about recurring ones, that would be better handled via a
crontab type setup I think than creating a ton of queue files.  You
could easily do this, just a matter of storing who, when, how
frequently, and then creating the queue files on time.

If you are using the one I think you are then if you enter it in 24 hour
format and the time is > 12 it can tell that you mean 24 hour format,
hwoever it cant tell teh difference bewteen 12hr and 24hr if the time is
< 12 so it asks.

UK +44 870 340 4605   Germany +49 801 777 555 3402
US +1 360 207 0479 or +1 516 687 5200
FreeWorldDialup: 635378