[Asterisk-Users] SNOM Hotdesking...

Morgan Gilroy morgan at telappliant.com
Mon Jan 9 04:21:17 MST 2006

Hi I have been trying to get SNOM (320,360) and hotdesking working with
asterisk.

I can get it working fine with SER but it fails with asterisk unless I
have no SIP password/secret in sip.conf

This is how it works with SER,
1. reset phone (removes accounts)
2. phone prompts for username and sip server
3. phone sends register to SER
4. SER sends a 401 unauthorized
5. phone sends register with Digest (but no password)
6. SER sends a 401 unauthorized
7. phone prompts for a password
8. phone sends register with Digest (with correct password)

with asterisk,

1. reset phone (removes accounts)
2. phone prompts for username and sip server
3. phone sends register to ASTERISK
4. ASTERISK sends a 401 unauthorized
5. phone sends register with Digest (but no password)
6. ASTERISK sends 403 Forbidden
7. phone gives up..

I raised this with SNOM and they say it is purely an asterisk problem
and it needs to be fixed (asterisk that is).
If asterisk sent a 401 instead of a 403 the phone would work fine and we
would all be happy.