[Asterisk-Users] Cisco 801 and rcapi

Armin Schindler armin at melware.de
Mon Jan 9 03:33:44 MST 2006

On Mon, 9 Jan 2006, James Harper wrote:

> > I would suggest extend the libcapi20. I already did such an extension
> > libcapi20 to support the bintec remote-capi. This means with that
> > libcapi20,
> > each program (including chan_capi) can do remote-capi without any
> > change...
> >

> The more I look, the more I think that the bintec protocol might be the
> one required to talk to the Cisco anyway. Do you have those patches
> somewhere?

I have placed the patched libcapi20 sources (libcapi20.tgz) on the public
ftp server ftp://isdn4linux.org/pub/capi4linux

It works pretty good with the rcapid (bintec-router emulator) on the remote
side. I never tested it with a real bintec router, because I don't have one.
Maybe it will not work with the real hardware, because the authentification
is not implemented yet.
This libcapi20 support normal /dev/capi20 and the remote version, just
create a file ~/.capi20rc to set the remote station. See README.

You can also use one Linux Server running CAPI cards with rcapid and have
your Asterisk/OpenPBX with chan_capi on another maschine...

Armin