[Asterisk-Users] new AMPortal and Asterisk debs

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir at cohens.org.il
Mon Jan 9 01:09:21 MST 2006

On Sun, Jan 08, 2006 at 06:16:16PM -0800, Mike Fedyk wrote:
> Tzafrir Cohen wrote:
>
> >"Experimental": Asterisk 1.2:
> >At the moment they are not that experimental anymore and should be ready
> >for use, but are not well-tested yet.
> >
> >To use it, define both sources:
> >
> > deb      http://rapid.dotsrc.org/ experimental/
> >

> How does this compare with Asterisk 1.2.1.dfsg-1 that is in etch/testing
> and 1.2.1.dfsg-3 that is in sid/unstable?

Testing (Etch) is slightly behind. It is generally in line with the
packages in Sid. Sort of. Actually ff you compare the changelog you'll
find some striking similarities. In fact, it is based on the current
version in the pkg-voip svn than to the current version.

However it is built for Sarge (Stable). So if you have Sarge installed,
you won't have to upgrade libc6/pgsql/pwdlib/whatever to use it.

I try to commit most of the relevant changes and fixes to the main
Debian package, so if you have Sid/Etch, you'll end up getting basically
the same packages (only with a more changing base system...) .