[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk Jobs

Douglas Garstang dgarstang at oneeighty.com
Sun Jan 8 19:38:58 MST 2006

Well, I sure hope it becomes enormous!

I moved from Los Angeles to a certain city that shall remain nameless a few months ago to work for a CLEC. I've realised that while I love working with Asterisk, I simply can't remain in this city (waaaay to small) and would like to return to LA.

I'm trying to work out the value of remaining in a city I don't like much in order to gain experience. Architecting a VOIP solution for a CLEC would certainly look great on a resume. However, in several months time when my commitment with them is up, if I can't find an Asterisk related job back in LA, what's the point? I might as well cut my losses now and try (it ain't gonna be easy... I have to pay these guys back their relocation assistance etc) getting a Unix Admin job back in LA again.

Doug