[Asterisk-Users] SPA-3000 is translating vocal sounds into DTMF

Brian Capouch brianc at palaver.net
Sat Jan 7 12:30:02 MST 2006

Rich Adamson wrote:

> Its a fairly common problem with the spa3k, but is somewhat dependent on
> how it is configured and the distance to your CO.

Just to add a couple of data points:

I don't know why, but for me the problem has been worse lately than it
had been during the early time I spent with this unit.  I have been
using it pretty exclusively for about a month and a half; only in the
past few days have those tones really become objectionable.

Second, I'm not *any* distance from the CO: my FXO is the port on an
ATA186 (original issue, 2002 vintage) from Vonage.

Finally, for sure some of the calls on which I'm experiencing the
problem aren't even going out the FXO port on the thing; they are ITSP
calls made using the FXS port only.

FWIW.

B.