[Asterisk-Users] Voice mail messages aren't sent to e-mail

Pisac pisacc at gmail.com
Fri Jan 6 20:31:54 MST 2006

Yes, I found that this is problem with my server. Second server is
connected through second provider, and first server and my domain is
hosted at fist provider. My (first) provider has some stupid logic that
reject e-mails from mailservers which don't have public hostname but
private (my second server has "server.local"), but accepting all e-mails
from it's IP address space (first server).

So, my temporary solution was that I set up fake (but existing) hostname
for second server (gmail.com), and now my (first) provider accepting
e-mails. Very stupid.

How you changed mailcmd to add a -f? Did you used nail/mail instead of
sendmail, in voicemail.conf? Or maybe some .c source changing?

Thanks
Pisac