[Asterisk-Users] controlling SIP subscriptions from SNOM phones

Philipp von Klitzing klitzing at pool.informatik.rwth-aachen.de
Fri Jan 6 18:30:19 MST 2006

Hi!

> Now, one user, not the receptionist, has gone in and set his personal
> numbers to these function keys thinking that DESTINATION meant setting a
> number to dial out. So now I have a ton of SIP SUBSCRIBE messages for his
> numbers.

Indeed this situation is not ideal. The first thing to do in my opinion
is ask SNOM to provide a new type of DESTINATION option that does not
issue subscribes.

Secondly you need to be aware that if Asterisk doesn't find a matching
hint in the subscribecontext it will look check in the default context!
This is, btw, one good reason to not have your local phones in the
default context unless you want everyone out there to be able to
subscribe to everyone else...

Finally: Have you tried to create a new context, set the user's
subscribecontext to this and do a "_.,hint,SIP/DoesNotExist" or smth
similar within that context (and nothing else)?

Cheers, Philipp