[Asterisk-Users] Voice mail messages aren't sent to e-mail

Moises Silva moises.silva at gmail.com
Fri Jan 6 18:25:11 MST 2006

In 1.2.1 The mail is sent, according to app_voicemail.c, with:

/* Default mail command to mail voicemail. Change it with the
    mailcmd= command in voicemail.conf */
#define SENDMAIL "/usr/sbin/sendmail -t"

as it says, you can change the behaviour through "mailcmd" parameter
in voicemail.conf
basically asterisk creates all the headers and stuff writing to file
/tmp/astmail-XXXXXX where XXXXXX is a random string. If you want to
see really what asterisk is trying to send, just go to app_voicemail.c
and change in line 1008:

snprintf(tmp2, sizeof(tmp2), "( %s < %s ; rm -f %s ) &", mailcmd, tmp, tmp);

for this:

snprintf(tmp2, sizeof(tmp2), "( %s < %s ; ) &", mailcmd, tmp);

so the temporary file wont be deleted, go to /tmp/ and see whats
trying to send. You can even issue:

/usr/sbin/sendmail -t < /tmp/astmail-blah

Best Regards

"Su nombre es GNU/Linux, no solamente Linux, mas info en http://www.gnu.org"