[Asterisk-Users] Not Able to Connect Two Asterisk Servers Using IAX2

Francesco Peeters (Asterisk) francesco at fampeeters.com
Fri Jan 6 13:33:40 MST 2006

On Fri, January 6, 2006 20:20, Chandan Mishra said:
> Hi
> I have two asterisk servers. I just want to connect two asterisk server
> using IAX2.
> But the Asterisk  Servers are not able to register each other. If some
> body
> have done this
> then Please send me the configuration they have done in iax.conf and
> extensions.conf.
> I simply want to connect and call from one sever to another.
>
> Thanks
>
> Chandan Kumar Mishra
> Software Engg.
> ____________________________

As always, the Wiki is your friend...

<http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+-+dual+servers>

I am using a modified version of method 3...

You have to make sure that you have a user entry in IAX.conf for the other
server as mentioned above...

So if your serverA logs in using passwd SECRET, make sure that you have an
entry
[serverA]
secret=SECRET
type=user
context=IncomingContext
auth=md5    (this one is optional of course...)

Good luck!

--
F Peeters
  PIII 450 - 1 GB - * 1.2 - BRIstuff 0.3.0 Pre 1 - Florz patch