[Asterisk-Users] Macro DialPlan

Nathan Alberti na at nathanalberti.com
Fri Jan 6 09:47:52 MST 2006

Don't forget, patterns (for matching) must begin with an underscore (_)

I find it nicer to just use ${MACRO_EXTEN} rather than declaring $
{ARG1} for the sake of it.

---------
exten => _71XXXX,1,Answer()
exten => _71XXXX,2,Macro(71macro)
exten => _71XXXX,3,Hangup()

[macro-71macro]
exten => s,1,Dial(${MACRO_EXTEN},30,t)                 	; Ring the
interface, 20 seconds maximum
exten => s,2,Goto(s-${DIALSTATUS},1)         ; Jump based on status
(NOANSWER,BUSY,CHANUNAVAIL,CONGESTION,ANSWER)
exten => s-BUSY,1,Voicemail(bs${MACRO_EXTEN})       ; If busy, send
to voicemail w/ busy announce
; you may want to use a variable such as ${MACRO_OFFSET} to exit back
to  where you called the macro in the dialplan with a Goto().
exten => s-NOANSWER,1,Voicemail(us${MACRO_EXTEN})   ; If unavailable,
send to voicemail w/ unavail announce
; you may want to use a variable such as ${MACRO_OFFSET} to exit back
to  where you called the macro in the dialplan with a Goto().
exten => _s-.,1,Goto(s-NOANSWER,1)              ; Treat anything else
as no answer
---------

btw.. its late and I have not double checked it so expect it not to
work :)

Regards,

Nathan