[Asterisk-Users] Screening incoming calls.

C F shmaltz at gmail.com
Fri Jan 6 08:06:58 MST 2006

This can be accomplished in the DP with ChanSpy, and this bug:
http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=5841

On 1/6/06, Philipp von Klitzing <klitzing at pool.informatik.rwth-aachen.de> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> > The PBX I'm getting ready to replace has a really nifty feature -- one
> > that I'm not even sure Asterisk -can- do -- though I'm hoping to be proven
> > wrong.  When a call goes to voicemail, the end-user can listen to the VM
> > as it's being recorded, and can interrupt and answer the call if it's
> > someone they want to talk to.
> >
> > Is there any way to implement this?
>
> Yes, I've described the "voicemail live" approach here:
> http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/index.php?page=Asterisk+tips+voicemail+live
>
> No need for ChanSpy and the manager interface, just needs MeetMe.

Thanks for that post thats a good one, just one thing, what happens if
the user doesn't want to connect to the caller? does it get saved as
VM?
Looking thru the code I couldn't see where that happens.