[Asterisk-Users] Announcing a call transfer

Michael Sampson msampson at yourccsteam.com
Fri Jan 6 07:46:31 MST 2006

With our current pbx system, a call comes in from the PSTN to the
receptionist. She then hits flash, which puts the caller on hold, calls
my extension, says "so and so is on the phone for you", I say "ok put
him through", she hangs up and I am connected to the caller.

With asterisk at home I can it # then the extension to transfer to and it
will ring there. But is there a simple way to announce the call before
you transfer it. If not, does anyone have any good work arounds for this.

--
Michael Sampson
Information Systems Manager
msampson at yourccsteam.com