[Asterisk-Users] RE:how many calls Asterisk gateway can handle

Tejas Shah tejas705 at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 6 04:57:26 MST 2006

 hi all,

            I am newbie to asterisk. I have installed asterisk based VoIP gateway in my LAB.
 Now i want to how many simultaneous calls (internal and external) can this gateway can handle?
 hereby i m sending my system details:

 1) asterisk gateway is running on P-IV 2.6GHz machine.
 2) i have installed one X100P FXO card on my PC for PSTN connection.
 3) i have installed 4-soft X-LITE phones on 4 different PCs.
 4) I am using SIP protocol.
 5) codec is G.711u.

 1) Now can anyone tell me how many simultaneous calls can my asterisk gateway handle?

 2) How is it to possible to simulate the performance of asterisk VoIP gateway?

 3) Is any tool available so that it can generate many calls and i can check gateway performance?

 4) I am thinking of SIPp tool?

 5) can any body have idea that what changes i have to make in sip.conf and extension.conf to
    register those calls generated by SIPp? I mean how asterisk server make enrty of those calls?

 Pls help me out..........

 thanks

 tejas