[Asterisk-Users] Sharing SIP Info with Realtime

Douglas Garstang dgarstang at oneeighty.com
Fri Jan 6 00:01:30 MST 2006

I've asked this question several times before and was always told it wasn't possible. However, after reading a thread posted to the list today, I'm not so sure my question was understood.

So, here I go again...

Is it possible to have multiple Asterisk systems share a common realtime database for the purposes of accepting registrations from phones, and maintaining SIP location (ie ip address, port, expiry) information? The phones are type=friend as they both make and receive calls.

I've tried to implement this on three ocassions and on each occasion it has failed. Phones registered to the database from one asterisk system can't find the location of other phones registered to the database from a different asterisk system.

Kevin Fleming said it wasn't possible. I even called Digium Sales and they also seemed aware of the issue and said it wasn't possible. Have I misunderstood something? I'd really like to know if it's supposed to work or not before I try for a 4th time.

Doug.