[Asterisk-Users] What is the best Dell Machine for Asterisk?

Geoff Manning gmanning at zoom.com
Thu Jan 5 13:54:14 MST 2006

Kerry Garrison wrote:
> The SC430 will experience unusable call quality with a TDM400P due to
> IRQ Sharing problems. If you have some magic to get around this,
> please share because everyone I know that has tried using an SC430
> has given up and switched to other platforms. -Kerry

I experience call quality issues (clicks/stutters) with my SC430 as well.

I am booting with:

kernel	/boot/vmlinuz-2.6.11.11 root=/dev/md0 ro acpi=off noapic

server1:~# cat /proc/interrupts
           CPU0
  0: 1922293175          XT-PIC  timer
  2:          0          XT-PIC  cascade
  4: 1921907054          XT-PIC  wcte11xp
 10:    3553554          XT-PIC  libata
 11:   22924955          XT-PIC  eth0
 14:         12          XT-PIC  ide0
NMI:          0
LOC: 1922424210
ERR:          0
MIS:          0

server1:/usr/src/zaptel# ./zttest -v
--- Results after 200 passes ---
Best: 100.000000 -- Worst: 99.987793 (hit this number 9 times out of 200 the
rest were all 100%)

I am about to switch platforms if I can't figure this out. I've been playing
around with so many settings over the last 3 months that I feel I've tried
everything.

Thanks,
Geoff