[Asterisk-Users] Fax with Asterisk and Sipura 2100

Darrell Long dlong at bestweb.net
Thu Jan 5 08:24:56 MST 2006

I know the subject of faxing has been covered in some detail, but I was
wondering if anyone has a hardware configuration similar to ours that
has faxes working successfully and would be willing to share any
settings/insight.

We are unable to fax reliably with a Sipura 2100 connected to Asterisk.
We do not route calls over the Internet and our network has very low
latency. The Asterisk servers connect to Cisco Routers that have PRIs
from various carriers. We have all the recommended settings in the
Sipura ATA, with Echo Cancellation and Silence Suppression off, uLaw
only for the codec, etc.

While I realize that no faxes going through passthrough like this will
work 100% of the time, we currently have a less than 40% success rate
with inbound faxes being the worst.

Any insight anyone has would be greatly appreciated!

Best Regards,

--
Darrell S. Long
BestWeb Corporation