[Asterisk-Users] Re: Problem with blind transfer and Polycom phones !! more info

Noah Miller noah at rosecompanies.com
Thu Jan 5 07:29:26 MST 2006

Hi BK -

>> The blind transfer does not work.
>>
>> The way we try to blind transfer a call:
>> 1. answer the call
>> 2. press transfer
>> 3. press blind softkey    -> the display shows "Blind transfer to:" and
>> cursor is in the second line
>> 4. enter the number    -> when we enter the second digit of the number
>> the display jumps back to "Hold: <number>" view.
>
> I have to correct myself.
> The problem occurs only when we try dial numbers with 10 or 11 at the
> beginning.

This is the Digit Map on the Polycom phone.  By default it uses 10 and 11 as
special cases (I don't know why).  You can adjust the digit map in sip.cfg.
Just take a look at the line that looks like this:

<digitmap
dialplan.digitmap="[2-9]11|0T|011xxx.T|[0-1][2-9]xxxxxxxxx|[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|[2
-9]xxxT" dialplan.digitmap.timeOut="3"/>

You can add in more patterns separated by '|' characters for any cases you
want to cover.

- Noah