[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk Dial problem

Nizar Khoury Nizar.Khoury at excendia.com
Wed Jan 4 14:18:43 MST 2006

Hello there,

I think there is a problem related to Asterisk's Dial 'r' option.

When we use the 'r' option in the cmd Dial, Asterisk is supposed to
generate its own rings until an answer is received from the called
party.

Unfortunately when I make a SIP call to another PBX without using the
'r' option (expecting to hear the rings from the other PBX), I realize
that Asterisk sometimes generates its own rings as if the 'r' option was
still there although it is not.

When placing the exact same call again with the same dial options ('r'
option still omitted) I hear a different ring coming from the called PBX
this time (which is what I need).

What is that strange behavior there? Is there something that I should do
to hear the called PBX ring all the time?

Thanks,

Nizar