[Asterisk-Users] integration with Meridian/Norstar ATA2

Darrick Hartman dhartman at djhsolutions.com
Wed Jan 4 11:11:05 MST 2006

Andrew Kohlsmith wrote:
> On Tuesday 03 January 2006 20:14, Darrick Hartman wrote:
>
>>I'm attempting to use an asterisk box with a Digium TDM01B as voicemail
>>for an existing Meridian/Norstar PBX with an ATA-2 adapter.  We're
>>having problems where hangup is not always (but sometimes) detected.
>>It's not detected probably 70% of the time or more.  (The users transfer
>>callers to an extension--caller then has to navigate a menu to get to
>>the appropriate user).
>

> One solution you could use is to simply set an AbsoluteTimeout() before
> hitting VoiceMail, so that after 60 seconds it drops the call with prejudice.
> 60 seconds actually is quite a long time to store a message, and the odd time
> that it hangs up on a caller may be acceptable.

Forgot to mention that the boss likes to call in and dictate to the
secretary on the voicemail system.  (so the maximum message length was
set to 3600 seconds)  If I'm reading correctly AbsoluteTimeout() would
limit the length of the call to whatever value is set.  If that's 60
seconds, the max length of the vm message would essentially be 60
seconds.  That won't work for this solution.

I'll try silence detection in the voicemail.conf file because so far,
that seems like the "best" solution.  Another option would be to force
the boss to call in on the analog line that we have dedicated to
Asterisk for any dictations.

Darrick
--
Darrick Hartman