[Asterisk-Users] M0n0Wall traffic shaping rules

Paul Dugas paul at dugas.cc
Wed Jan 4 10:34:15 MST 2006

On Wed, 2006-01-04 at 11:59 -0500, Mark Phillips wrote:
> Anyone got any VoIP traffic shaping rules for m0n0wall that they could
> let me look at please?

Running m0n0wall-1.21 now, I used the wizard to set the base
queues/pipes/rules then added two more rules:

If  Dir Proto Src      Dst      Target                    Description
--- --- ----- -------- -------  ------------------------- -----------
WAN <-  UDP   pbx:4569 *:4569   m_High Priority #1 Upload IPX VoIP
WAN ->  UDP   *:4569   pbx:4569 m_High Priority Download  IPC VoIP

I have this setup at two sites that use an IAX ITSP and also connect
directly to each other.  Seems to work fine but I'm not really sure how
to actually prove that it's 100% correct.  I'd love to hear if you get
anything better.

I'm not using SIP externally but I'd assume the same rules would work
with 5060 for the port.

HTH,

Paul
--
Paul Dugas, Computer Engineer                Dugas Enterprises, LLC
paul at dugas.cc        phone: 404-932-1355     522 Black Canyon Park