[Asterisk-Users] TE411P in a HP DL360 - which BIOS settings work?

Anthony Rodgers Anthony_Rodgers at dnv.org
Wed Jan 4 10:19:45 MST 2006

Greetings,

For a couple of months, we ran a pilot implementation of Asterisk with
a TE110P on a HP NetServer LP1000r with perfect audio quality and no
echo on a T1.

Encouraged by this, we purchased two identical HP DL360 servers with
TE411P cards for a production installation of Asterisk. We reproduced,
as close as we were able, the configuration that we had on the pilot
server. This is what we have now on our DL360s (twin 3.4GHz Xeons and
4GB of memory):

	- Latest stable build of asterisk, zaptel and libpri (1.2.1)
	- APIC turned off
	- Hyperthreading disabled
	- USB disabled
	- Physical and virtual COM ports disabled
	- TE411P on its own on IRQ4

We have also tried APIC and hyperthreading on with no perceptible
difference.

We have problems with echo, scratchy audio, pops, clicks and drop outs
that we cannot seem to make go away. We have had kernel panics when
downing network interface cards, and, on one of the servers, kernel
messages that say "Disabling IRQ #11" when we modprobe wct4xxp.

Is there anyone out there who has gotten this combination of hardware
working satisfactorily and would like to share their BIOS and IRQ
settings and anything else they did to get it working? I know it must
work - the DL360 is one of the two supported servers for ABE.

We have emailed Digium support and are waiting for a response from
them, but I wanted to poll the list and see if there was anyone with a
working implementation out there.

Regards,
--
Anthony Rodgers