[Asterisk-Users] AMP: Losing backslash characters in config files

Steve Langstaff steve.langstaff at citel.com
Wed Jan 4 08:13:35 MST 2006

I've just started using AMP and found that I have a problem with escaped characters in config files.
In particular, I have a custom config item that needs a semicolon in...

SetVar(_ALERT_INFO=info=auto-answer;delay=1)

To get the part of the line after the ; to be accepted by Asterisk as a non-comment it needs to be escaped with a backslash, but I have found that I need to put two backslashes in to get this through AMP. Subsequent to this, when AMP displays the page it has stripped one of the backslashes.

The outcome of this is that if you view and then update a working config file it breaks.

Any ideas?