[Asterisk-Users] Can i compile Asterik on Fedora 4 x86 64 and which hardware could you support ?

Mehmet Kürşat Gürbüz kursatgurbuz at mikronetworks.com
Wed Jan 4 06:32:44 MST 2006

Hi everyone ,
I want to  compile asterisk on Fedora 4 64 bit  edition .
is there any one has experience  on compiling  asterisk  on 64 bit
linux? ..
could you suggest me cpu , main board for x86 64 architecture?

Followings are my sample configuration :
Dual-Core AMD BOX OPTERON CPU 280-2400MHz
S2895UA2NRF   S2895_SCSI DUAL AMD OPTERON DDR,PCI-X, GBE, PCI-E ,AC97
AUDIO, DIGITAL SPDIF,FIREWIRE,SCSI mainboard
4 GB ddr ram
Fedora 4 for 64 bit

i am afraid of hardware compatibility problem and i have no experience
on x86 64 architecture.. so i need help

On asterisk there will be 250 simultaneous calls( for out band calls
only) .. Just using SIP protocol and g279 and g 723 codecs...