[Asterisk-Users] Looping Problem With Call Forwards - Do you have comments on my solution?

Peter Bowyer peeebeee at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 04:26:09 MST 2006

On 03/01/06, Brent Torrenga <lists at torrenga.com> wrote:
> I use IP Kall to forward my missed cell phone calls to. This way, if my
> phone is off, or out of a service area, calls will go to my * box.
> Concurrently, all incoming calls to my * box cause it to dial my local
> extensions at home, my extension at work, and my cell phone via NuFone.
>
> Problem: A loop can be created if my cell phone is not on. Say a call comes
> into my * box, it uses NuFone to call my cell, my cell forwards the call to
> IP Kall, IP Kall to my * box...... You see.
>
> My solution, and I post this here because I am looking for
> comments/improvements to it: When a call comes into my * box, and my * box
> dials my cell via NuFone, I will SetGlobalVar ZAPCALLEDTIME to the ${EPOCH}.
> Then, whenever a call comes into my * box from IP Kall (aka, any call
> forwarded from my cell to my IP Kall), I will take the difference between
> the current ${EPOCH} and ${ZAPCALLEDTIME}, compare it to the value 10
> (thinking that if it takes less than 10 seconds from the time I forward a
> call to my cell, and a forwarded cell call comes into my * box, then it must
> be the beginnings of a loop), and if less than 10 to send the call on to be
> hungup, or else process it normally.

A simpler solution would be to have the IPKall number forward to a
different extension on your Asterisk server which doesn't include a
call out to the cellphone - and if you use the IPKall number for other
purposes, register yourself another one which you only use for the
cellphone forward.

Peter

--
Peter Bowyer