[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk Christmas Help request

Asterisk at Home asteriskathome at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 3 23:11:17 MST 2006

1. yes turn off fax detect.

2. i have never seen a PBX do this maybe an old key
system. the dial plan is based on the phone. phones
like the Cisco 7960 have easy to configure dial plans
so you don't have to dial #.

3. X100P card are about a crapy as the get. you will
get a loot better sound from a Digium card. You still
mgiht have problems thought. have you thought of goign
all VOIP?

4. yes

5. all this is in the wiki

--- Mr Asterisk <AsteriskUsers at clarityforms.com>
wrote:

> Many thanks in advance for anyone that can offer
> help on the following
> questions:
>

> Asterisk Box
> Using Asterisk at Home build and updated Asterisk to
> v2.1
> P4, 400 Mhz, 384Mb RAM, 40Gb HD
> 4 OEM X100P Cards
>
> Phones
> Grandstream GXP-2000
> 2 * Grandstream BT-100
> HandyTone 486
> Sipura SPA-3000
>

> Questions
>
> 1)
> When someone calls in to one of the FXO lines, there
> is a 3-4 second delay
> before the configured internal extension starts
> ringing. Is there anyway to
> reduce this?
>
> 2)
> Is it possible to make Asterisk behave like a
> typical office PBX, in so much
> as after I press 9, I then get an outside line and
> hear the TelCo. dial
> tone. Is there anyway to make a phone dial without
> pressing # key?
> (i.e. so it automatically complete the number by
> itself. I'd like it to act
> like a normal PBX, so after press 9, then here an
> outside dial tone).
>
> 3)
> I get a lot of echo and noise distortion when making
> an external TelCo call.
> Some people say they can't hear what I say.
>
> 4)
> Is it possible to make a routing, as follows
> Dial 8 go to Internet Call
> Dial 9 go to TelCo. Call
>
> 5)
> How do I change the time zone for Asterisk?
> Currently the system time is
> correct but when I dial *60 it reports a different
> time (out by many hours).
>
> Zapata.conf
>
> added
>
> ;Added by RB
> loadzone=th
> defaultzone=th
> busydetect=yes
> callprogress=yes
>

> indications.conf
>
> Changed
>
> [general]
> country=th
>
> Added
>
> [th]
> description = Thailand
> ringcadance = 2000,4000
> dial = 400*33
> busy = 400/500,0/500
> ring = 400/1000,0/4000
> congestion =

400/100,0/100,400/100,0/100,400/100,0/100,400/300,0/100
> callwaiting = 400/300,0/10000
> ;These below are made up.
> dialrecall =

!350+440/100,!0/100,!350+440/100,!0/100,!350+440/100,!0/100,350+440