[Asterisk-Users] Cell phone dock/switch as Asterisk FXO source

Erick Perez eaperezh at gmail.com
Tue Jan 3 14:31:40 MST 2006

The cyber-telecom is cheaper compared to the doc-n-talk unit.
http://cyber-telecom.net/store/product_info.php?cPath=1&products_id=29
however, they both work for 800/900/1800 bands.

Any products to work in the GSM 850mhz arena?
 In our country, GSM runs 850mhz.

Brian: Do you need fancy features or just want to go in and out?
I recall one unit that supported even conferences (3 callers). I forgot the
link but i think i posted it in this forum a long time ago. Will try to
google it and report back.

On 1/3/06, Jonathan Attwood <jmattwood at gmail.com> wrote:

> The unit dials whatever asterisk tells it to, although it seems to take a
> second or two for the mobile to start dialling.
>
> It passes the Caller Name from the cellular phone's directory, together
> with the CLID on inbound calls.
>

>  On 1/3/06, Paul Dugas <paul at dugas.cc> wrote:
> >
> > On Mon, 2006-01-02 at 16:06 +0000, Jonathan Attwood wrote:
> > > I use a Dock-n-Talk in conjuction with a Sipura SPA3000 & Asterisk.
> >
> > Does this unit require any funky dialing when placing outbound calls
> > from * through the phone?  Do the docs indicate operation is any
> > different between CDMA, TDMS, AMPS, or GSM phones?  I'd guess not or, if
> > so, it was simple to handle it in the dialplan but I'm curious anyway.
> > I've been considering this as a way to have "work" calls that come to my
> > cell appear different to the server.  At the moment, I have my GSM phone
> >
> > forward calls to the house when it's off so I can't really tell between
> > them.
> >
> > --
> > Paul Dugas, Computer Engineer                Dugas Enterprises, LLC
> > paul at dugas.cc        phone: 404-932-1355     522 Black Canyon Park
> > http://dugas.cc        fax: 866-751-6494     Canton, GA 30114 USA
> > --
> > On site at GDOT's W.Annex, 404-463-2860 x199
> > --
> > This e-mail and any attachments are confidential.  If you receive
> > this message in error or are not the intended recipient, you should
> > not retain, distribute, disclose or use any of this information and
> > you should destroy the e-mail and any attachments or copies.

Erick Perez
Linux User 376588
http://counter.li.org/  (Get counted!!!)
Panama, Republic of Panama