Using *RT for HA purposes was: [Asterisk-Users] Realtime Multiple Asterisk boxes, iaxusers

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Tue Jan 3 12:48:31 MST 2006

> > With the current *RT release?
>
> Yes. The crux of the issue that you can't have two servers responsible
> for updating the same records in the table, and that you can't have two
> servers both expected to react to changes in those records on an
> instantaneous basis (which is why you can't share the table across two
> active servers and expect both of them to be aware of where the peers are).
>
> If the two servers service distinctly separate groups of endpoints, they
> can share the same table since they won't care about the other server's
> entries. If the two servers service the same endpoints but in an
> active/passive arrangement, that would also work.

The second paragraph is what I was basically referring to when I mentioned
removing the word 'dynamic'.

I kind of sensed some of the discussion was relative to simply sharing
a database (without having two dynamic & active * servers), others kind
of referring to multihost load-sharing, and then your comment about
dynamic registration for a device (iax client). More/less a human
communications issue as to what the OP might have been referring to.

Rich