[Asterisk-Users] Re: connect more the one phone to ONE sip Acoount

Mikael Magnusson mikaelmagnusson at glocalnet.net
Tue Jan 3 07:21:21 MST 2006

Olle E Johansson wrote / skrev:

> Andreas Koch wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>> how is it possible to connect (register)  more the one Phone to One
>> Sip-Acoount.
>>
>> With, for example sipgate.de this is not a special feature, it is common.
>> We have users, what like to have more then one Phone, -> Homeoffice
>> and Desk
>>
>> Rigth now if a other phone registers whith the data, the first ist
>> removed.
>>
> You have to consider that Asterisk is a multiprotocol PBX and that the
> PBX need to be in control of each device connected to the PBX. With
> multiple registrations for one account we would break the Asterisk
> architecture unless we did some very clever stuff. This has been
> discussed quite a lot of times, so please search the mailing list for
> more information.

I understand that allowing multiple registrations would break chan_sip,
but how can it break the Asterisk architecture if the forking is done by
the Dial application? Would it really matter if the dial string contains
multiple SIP AOR:s/users, which is possible today, or multiple bindings
for one SIP AOR?

Example of Dial with multiple SIP AOR:s/users, working today:
Dial(SIP/user1&SIP/user2)

Example of Dial with multiple bindings for one SIP AOR, expanded by FOO:
Dial(${FOO(user1)}) => Dial(SIP/user1/10.1.1.1&SIP/user1/10.2.2.2)

/Mikael