[Asterisk-Users] Q: How to dial out / transfer calls with manager

Moises Silva moises.silva at gmail.com
Mon Jan 2 08:25:44 MST 2006

Your problem is related to not reading the documentation in voip-info.org :)

You can originate a call to anyplace doing:

- First a LoginAction.
- Then an Originate action with the proper arguments.

In the example you put, you are doing neither of them. You can test manually
how the protocol works doing a login from a telnet client:

telnet localhost 5038 (in case your in the asterisk box)

Action: Login\r\n
Username: someuser\r\n
Secret: somesecretpassword\r\n\r\n

Action: Originate
Channel: SIP/13 <-- this should be the first phone you want to ring
(your own phone usually)
Context: somecontextwithoutbountpatterns
Exten: XXXXXXXXXXXX <--- extension that will make your call

Best Regards

"Su nombre es GNU/Linux, no solamente Linux, mas info en http://www.gnu.org"