[Asterisk-Users] Codec

hrishikesh shrivastaw shrivastaw at gmail.com
Sun Jan 1 23:57:18 MST 2006

Hi I am trying to use g.726 so as to make calls, further i am using
cisco PAP ATA's, on these PAP's i have a number of options ranging
from 16 to 64 kbps for g.726, i wud prefer to use the 16 kbps version,
as in it is my sip.conf i have done this

allow=g726

On the PAPS i have selected g.726-32 version (at present), now when i
am making my calls my call is straight going into voicemail, I wud
prefer to use as mentioned above the 16 kbps version but for now i wud
give anything to just make it    ( the entire asterisk Linksys PAP2NA
package) work with g.726. I cannot find any examples for g.726 in
sip.conf so i dont really have an idea!!!

Regards

Desperate
hrishi