[Asterisk-Users] Having major issues with TDM2400

BJ Weschke bweschke at gmail.com
Sun Jan 1 17:52:08 MST 2006

On 1/1/06, Kerry Garrison <support at techdatapros.com> wrote:
> The goal is to create a user that has a SIP device and a custom ZAP channel
> device, have them both ring until one is answered, basically a ring group.
> But I am using AMP's users and device mode rather than the extensions mode.
> I have this working properly on my office system. However, with the TDM2400
> I cannot have both the zap channel and sip channel ringing at the same time
> and only handing the call to the end device that answers the call. I don't
> understand why this is so difficult for everyone to grasp. Send a call to
> both a custom ZAP device and a sip phone and whoever answers it gets the
> call.
> -Kerry

 Kerry,

 You don't get call progress with FXO zap channels as you would with
VoIP or PRI. That being the case, the FXO port never signals that it
is "ringing" with call progress, but rather, goes to an "up" state
(answered) as soon as it's finished dialing, whether the remote end
has answered or not. You're going to be hard pressed to have a ZAP
channel and SIP channel trying to detect who's going to answer first,
because the Zap/FXO port is always going to win and it's not going to
be because it's always "answered".

--
Bird's The Word Technologies, Inc.
http://www.btwtech.com/