[Asterisk-Users] Re: Polycom Default Ring Volume [OT]

Noah Miller noah at rosecompanies.com
Tue Feb 28 17:36:24 MST 2006

> I've contact Polycom via their web form and they emailed me back
> around 2
> days later.  We've purchased all of our phones via authorized
> resellers.
> Dunno if that makes a difference or not.
>
> My question was about the button programability and their response was
> that the manual was incorrect.  You can not program buttons to have
> extended functionality.  You can only reprogram "hard" functions like
> ArrowUp or DoNotDisturb, not "soft" functions like SpeedDial.  They
> will
> be removing those references in the next revision of the manual.

Thanks Henry.  Well, I'm glad to hear they actually emailed someone
back, but that's not the response I wanted to hear!

Polycom, if you read this, I REALLY want to be able to remap speed
dials.  It will make theses phone SO much more useful.  It worked in
firmware 1.4.1 and earlier.  Why is the feature gone now?