[Asterisk-Users] Re: Asterisk Question

Michael Collins mcollins at fcnetwork.biz
Tue Feb 28 15:22:45 MST 2006

> That's getting pretty close - thanks for that.
>
> I just couldn't find any decent info on the web about working with
AGI.

Ditto.  However, I pieced some stuff together by sifting through my
well-worn copy of TFOT and bouncing around between the wiki, the sample
AGI scripts and asterisk.gnuinter.net.

I had never sat down to write an AGI script before - I hadn't needed one
- but I thought, "How hard can it be?"  Ugh.  The Asterisk::AGI module
is very handy, and I highly recommend it.  I've only written one AGI
script in my life (up to now) but I've written 10's of thousands of
lines of Perl and I know a good module when I see one.

Now, as far as reading one number at a time, are you reading one line
from the file at a time?  In other words, does your file look something
like this:
1237
2340
5434
123
9173

I was wondering what you were planning on doing with each number. Were
you looking at multiple passes to your AGI script, or were you going to
run the script once and collect all of the data in one pass?

-MC