[Asterisk-Users] FW: auto provision of IP501 polycom

Mojo with Horan & Company, LLC mojo at horanappraisals.com
Tue Feb 28 13:10:48 MST 2006

We manually change the username on the phones, for example 'pbx' --
since you can do this before the phone contacts the boot server, it's
easy and fairly quick.  The phones get the ftp server info from dhcpd,
but they use the username and password I've told them to.

Moj

Matthew T. O'Connor wrote:
> I have the same problem.  I'm running CentOS, which comes with vsftpd,
> do you know of anyway to do this using vsftpd?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Matt
>

> Noah Miller wrote:
>> Hi Again Damon -
>>
>> I just remembered that the FTP server setup can be tricky, too.  The default
>> username has capitalized letters, and this doesn't work with a lot of FTP
>> servers.  I had to use ProFTPd to get it done.  I created a user account
>> called plcmspip, and added the following to /etc/proftpd.conf (or wherever
>> you choose to put your config file):
>>
>> UserAlias   PlcmSpIp plcmspip
>>

>> - Noah

Mojo <mojo at horanappraisals.com>