[Asterisk-Users] playing hold time announcement without queue position announcement

Franklin Webb fwebb at imminc.com
Tue Feb 28 06:58:27 MST 2006

Greetings fellow list members,
    I have what I think is a relatively simple question, but it did not
appear to be addressed on the wiki.  I am trying to setup a queue so
that it plays an estimated holdtime announcement, but not a queue
position announcement.  Currently my dialplan does both, and while I
know how to take out the estimated holdtime without affecting the queue
position announcement, I do not see how to do the oppositte.  Does
anyone know how to do this?

Here is a sample of one of my queues from queues.conf:

;;************************************************
;;* Development Test Queue *
;;************************************************
[10001]
announce=beep2        ;* a beep to alert the agent of the call
servicelevel=30       ;* target service level (maximum time in queue in
seconds)
musiconhold=default   ;* sets music for this queue
strategy=rrmemory     ;* sets method of allocating calls to reps
timeout=20            ;* how long do we let phone ring before it is a
timeout
retry=5               ;* how long to wait before trying all members
again
weight=1              ;* weight against other queues sharing agents
wrapuptime=4          ;* how long to wait before freeing up for another
call
maxlen=0              ;* maximum people in queue (0 is no limit)
announce-frequency=60 ;* time between position/estimated hold time
announcements
announce-holdtime=yes ;* announce estimated hold time (yes|no|once)
monitor-format=pcm    ;* record calls in pcm format
monitor-join=yes      ;* join recordings
joinempty=no          ;* callers can join an empty queue
leavewhenempty=yes    ;* remove callers from queue if no agents on

I know I can set "announce-holdtime" to "no" and remove the hold time,
but I'm unsure how to keep the hold time but remove the queue position.

in this section of the wiki:
http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=Asterisk+config+queues.conf
<http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=Asterisk+config+queues.con
f>

you can see it says:

 ; How often to announce queue position and/or estimated holdtime to
caller (0=off)
 ;
 ;announce-frequency = 90
 ;
 ; Should we include estimated hold time in position announcements?
 ; Either yes, no, or only once; hold time will not be announced if <1
minute
 ;
 ;announce-holdtime = yes|no|once

the fact that is says "and/or" leads me to believe there is a way to
only play the hold time without the queue position, but I do not see any
suggestions on how to do this.

Thanks in advance for any advice,

Franklin Webb
Inter Media Marketing Solutions