[Asterisk-Users] asterisk -rx 'commands'

bill peck bill.peck at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 20:03:10 MST 2006

I'm having an odd issue with asterisk 1.2.4 on a Fedora Core 4 (ppc)
machine.  when I issue asterisk -rx 'some command', I get the output like I
would expect but I never get the shell prompt back.  When I strace the
process I see its polling on the /var/run/asterisk.ctrl socket.  I looked
real quick at the c code (I'm not a C coder by any stretch), but it seems to
be getting stuck, it never sees the file descriptor close.  In fact, if I
open another asterisk console and send a command I will see it come out of
the "hung" asterisk -rx process.

I've run asterisk before on my x86 box without any issues.  I can't see what
I've done wrong on this ppc box.

I'll happily compile / debug if someone points me in the right direction.

Thanks!

--

Bill Peck
http://www.pecknet.com