[Asterisk-Users] user places two calls, hangs up, they get connected to one another

Warren Burstein warren at softov.co.il
Mon Feb 27 16:14:09 MST 2006

I've observed a situation on my production system, and have managed to
recreate it on my test system (both running 1.2.4).  I pick up a phone
connected to a TDM400B's FXS line.  I dial a number (in my tests, it was
another local phone, but in production it was an outside call), and that
call is answered.  I flash, hear a stutter dialtone, and dial another
number, which also is answered.

When I hang up, my two local calls are now connected.  But on the
production system, I think the two outside calls are connected.  I don't
know why they don't hang up.  Perhaps the production system isn't
detecting hangup (I'm going to test for this).  Or maybe both calls are
to someone else's switchboard, which have placed the calls into a queue,
and we're tying up two outside lines to bridge the "your call is
important to us" messages to each other.

Is there some way I can forbid bridging of calls like this, but still
allow a call to be bridged to a different local phone?

thanks