[Asterisk-Users] AGI Channel Status

Roger Schreiter roger at planinternet.de
Mon Feb 27 14:08:39 MST 2006

Douglas Garstang schrieb:
> If dial() doesn't return until after the call completes,
 > it means the channel status AGI command is a waste of time.

Hi,

you are right, dial will block, so you won't get the channel
status by that method when having an outbound call.

You can use the manager. But will have to poll.

To avoid polling, I tried to use the manager and parsing
the events, but unfortunately the events seems not be
reported very reliably in the manager.

On high load, some "link" events imho get lost and are not reported.

Roger.