[Asterisk-Users] Polycom 501 issues

rivy strauss rstrauss at capalon.com
Mon Feb 27 13:03:44 MST 2006

I am having a couple of (unrelated) problems with my polycom 501.

1. The buddy watch is just not working.  It tells me that everyone is
online, whether or not they are.
Here is an example directory entry for one of the peers (whose phone is
not registered).

              <item>
                        <ln>F</ln>
                        <fn>J</fn>
                        <ct>3062</ct>
                        <sd>1</sd>
                        <rt>3</rt>
                        <dc/>
                        <ad>0</ad>
                        <ar>0</ar>
                        <bw>1</bw>
                        <bb>0</bb>
              </item>

The buddies that are registered do not show "on the phone" when they are
on the phone.

In sip.conf (entry for the watching phone--3052)
subscribecontext=3058

In extensions.conf:
[3058]
exten=> s,hint,SIP/3058

2.We have a Polycom 501 for testing in our office. Our clients have the
other ones. The settings are exactly the same, as all phones use the
same sip.cfg file. The sip.conf entries are identical as well (save for
username/password and context, of course!)
Our clients are calling a few numbers, and even tried our own voicemail
system, and no where is key entry heard or recognized.
When we dial the same numbers, with the phone in our office, using the
same provider, contexts, etc., our key entry is recognized just fine.

If the only thing different is the fact that ours is in our office, and
the others are located in two different places, what could be the reason
that only the phone in our office is working? We don't think it's a DTMF
setting, because as we said, the polycoms are all using the same sip.cfg
file, and the sip.conf entries are identical.

Thanks in advance for your help!