[Asterisk-Users] TDM400P digium card

Henry Kwan spam at designmedia.com
Mon Feb 27 12:27:25 MST 2006

>I'm moving away from using sipura 841 phones. I'm starting to test with
>Polycom IP 501 phones. We plan to upgrade our server to a dual t1 but,
>for now we have a digium tdm400P with 4 analog lines coming into it.  So
>my question is will upgrading the IP phones with my existing digium
>tdm400 card be enough to satisfy my users ?  or is it really a combo
>deal needing to upgrade the TDM card and the phones? Basically, my users
>say the phone system is unusable as is. The sound quality is choppy and
>they can't understand people speaking on the other end.  I don't want to
>swap out their IP phones and then find out they are seeing the same
>issues with that.

We use IP501's with dual TDM400P's (6 x FXO) here and so far, everyone has
been satisfied with performance.  No big complaints other than occasional
minor echo but nothing's a show stopper.  Voice quality has been rated as
"very good" rather than "great" as with our old Avaya PBX but for the
price, I can't complain too much.

I don't even have QoS setup yet so I expect performance to be even better
once I get a new switch in.