[Asterisk-Users] Matching '*'

Douglas Garstang dgarstang at oneeighty.com
Mon Feb 27 12:01:46 MST 2006

I'm trying to find a way in extensions.conf to match ANYTHING dialled, including characters such as *.
The following works for numbers...

exten => _X.,1,AGI(script)

but doesn't catch when someone dialls * first. I tried this:

exten => _.,1,AGI(script)

which catches when someone dials say, *123 for example, but after the AGI script terminates, Asterisk executes it again with the 'h' extension. So then I tried...

exten => _.,1,AGI(script)
exten => _.,2,Hangup()

which doesn't work. So, what exten regex can I use that would catch anything dialled, or how can I stop Asterisk from executing the AGI script a second time when I use "_."?

Thanks,
Doug.